March 12, 2020. Safety is priority one for the Deep Ellum Arts Festival. We are in regular communication with the City of Dallas who is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 with our public health partners at Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS), The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the city has best practices in place for public mass gatherings such as our Festival. The Deep Ellum Arts Festival will be explicitly following this guidance and at this time there are no imminent plans to postpone the Deep Ellum Arts Festival, April 3-5, 2020.
There is a lot about COVID-19 that is still unknown, but what we do know is that personal hygiene is of critical importance. We hope that attendees follow the science and implement the recommendations of public health agencies. The Festival will be doing its part by providing hand sanitation stations throughout the festival site and bleach cleaning of tables, counters and chairs on a regular basis.
Prevention tips from Public Health Departments include:
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever to help maintain the health of all event participants.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin..
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.