- All genres of music
- Solo acts or full bands
- Spoken word poets
- Original plays
- Artists from all over the world
- Performance slots run an average of 60 minutes, but can vary
- All original music/material only - no cover songs allowed
- Slots will be scheduled over the 3 day festival weekend, April 6th and 7th between 11am and 11pm, and April 8th between 11am and 8pm
- Stage, time and date assignments are subject to change, so flexibility is a must
- Full Backline, lighting and sound engineering is provided for our three main stages
- Full PA, lighting and sound engineering is provided on side stages
- Fill out an application through Sonicbids
- Read our terms & conditions
- Check your email regularly for notifications from us, as you will need to respond quickly to solidify your slot.
If selected to showcase, does my act receive any compensation:
The Deep Ellum Arts Festival provides exposure that only premiere, well established festivals can. As showcasing artists, you will have access to the backstage areas of all 4 outdoor stages throughout the festival weekend. Headliners will be financially compensated based on union scale.
How are Artists chosen to play the Festival:
Our Entertainment team checks into each application carefully, listening to the music above all else, then takes into account social media presence and fan following. We select the very best musicians from all genres to showcase, and love doing so.
If I don’t get a performance slot, should I still come to the festival?
Of course. The festival is a staple for Deep Ellum and has been for 24 years this April. We would love if you come say hello to one of our stage managers, or even volunteer to help out behind the scenes and get to know our crew. There will be tons of food, beverage, art and music for you to enjoy so come on out!
I've applied and my band is from out of town. How do I reserve hotel rooms for my act in case we're selected?
We don’t offer any hospitality for out of town guests at this time, but do encourage acts from out of the area to book well in advance of the festival, as bookings become scarce closer to the dates.
What are DEAF's policies regarding credentials, and the terms and conditions?
One entertainment badge will be provided per person of each act while supplies last. The credentials will allow you access to all backstage areas throughout the festival weekend.